"I gave my food a right rollicking and lost 10 stone": 'Fatnosis' diet where you talk to your meals helped three women lose 21 stone


 

Meet three women who are following FATnosis - and over one year have lost a phenomenal 21 stone between them:

“I give food a right rollocking - and lost ten stone”

 
Chrissy Stone, 54, lives in Plymouth, Devon, with her husband Robert and daughters Hellene, 31, and Keziah, 20.
Was: 22 stone. Size 28.
Now: 11 stone 10lbs. Size 12.
Lost: 10 stone 4lbs 
 
“If ever I feel drawn to a chocolate bar I pick it up, stare straight at it and give it a stern telling off. ‘You won’t control me. I am the boss. You won't ruin my health or my life. Now get out of my sight’.
It might sound bizarre but it works. After three decades of being overweight, I started talking to food at the start of this year and have since lost over ten stone.
It’s not the only quirky way FATnosis taught me to control my appetite. I gave my fridge its own mantra. Written in giant red letters across the door is a sign that says, ‘No fatty food’.
A photo of me off-guard at a Christmas lunch last year gave me the push to start tackling my weight.
Pictured sitting next to my sister-in-law, I looked twice her size. After years of denial I realized, with horror, that’s how people saw me. I felt disgusted. And I eat meals with that picture in my eyeliner
now - it really motivates me to stay on track.
My weight problems started when, pregnant with my eldest daughter, I left the Royal Navy. Freed from the disciplined regime I indulged in anything I fancied eating so the weight bulked up. I was still really active with running, cycling, badminton and rowing.
But I damaged my neck and back in a fall and haven’t been able to exercise since.
Over the years I ballooned until I was 22 stone and a size 28. Having a sweet tooth and craving savoury snacks meant all food was my weakness.
Doctors constantly nagged me about my weight because it exacerbated my brittle asthma, left me out of breath and made my blood pressure difficult to control. I shut out their warnings and denied I over ate.


“When my son guessed 'beached whale’ during my Christmas charades, I knew it was time to lose weight.”

Nona Bowkis, 49, is a solicitor who lives in Cambridge with her husband Nib, 50, sons Matthew, 23, and James, 21, and daughter Danica, 14.
Before: 18st. Size 22
Now: 11st 11lbs Size 12
Lost: 6st 3lbs
 


It's a new - and some would say bonkers - way to combat fatty food cravings, lose weight and ditch diets forever.

But for three women simply talking to their food has helped them slim down.
Chrissy Stone lost 10 stone, Nona Bowkis lost over six stone and Audrey Scott lost more than four stone.

Nona, who credits the technique with transforming her life, said: "Now, if I ever pick up a packet of sweets, I say to it: ‘No. I’m not having you. I’m an intelligent woman and in control of you. Now go away’.

"It sounds a little bit crazy but it really helped change my inner voice."

Audrey added: "When I crave Maltesers I look at the packet and said, ‘You better stay away from me. I have a fantastic life and won’t let you ruin it’."
The highly unusual technique which is pioneered by weight loss guru Steve Miller, known as the Simon Cowell of weight loss, teaches dieters to TALK to their food.

They are also encouraged to look at pictures of themselves when at their heaviest while they eat. The diet uses a kind of hypnosis which Steve has called "FATnosis"

Audrey said: "First thing each morning and last thing at night, I close my eyes, clear my thoughts, take deep breaths before counting backwards from ten then saying, ‘I’m a strong and powerful woman and no food will control me. I can achieve whatever I want’."
 
Steve hailed the women's successes says: “Talking to food isn’t just a gimmick or something to make you sound daft. It helps permanently change your thinking.
“Are you really going to let a chocolate bar ruin your chances of getting into that sexy new Christmas party dress? Don’t let a fatty snack tease or control you. Look at that chocolate bar and tell it to do one. Just say, ‘fat off!’.”


It might seem unlikely, but there’s science behind the theory.
Steve, who trains hypnotherapists, says: “Frequent conversations with unhealthy food creates a new mindset and new successful habits. The gear-shift in your brain helps you feel more confident, totally in control and able to manage cravings.


“Losing weight is never just about the food. Most of us know what to eat to be slimmer. It’s mindset and motivation that needs to change.”
One of Steve's top tips is to "recognize that food can tease you" and confront it. 
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

15 Effective and Natural Strategies to Lower Blood Pressure

Reasons You Should Get Outside Every Day

Relieve Stomach Pain Naturally: 12 Effective Home Remedies

The Protein Puzzle: Unraveling the Optimal Amount for Muscle Building

Understanding Your Fertile Window: When Can You Get Pregnant?

How reading can help in improving your mental health

Natural Solutions: 13 Effective Home Remedies for Constipation Relief

Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Healthy Kids

The Impact of Smoking on Brain Shrinkage: How Quitting Can Make a Difference

Daydreaming Found To Boost Brain Plasticity And Memory Consolidation, Study Suggests