Britney Spear Has Broken Her Silence About Her "Abusive" Conservatorship.

 

Britney Spear Has Broken Her Silence

The 39-year-old pop celebrity addressed the court herself Wednesday for the first known time in more than two years following the increased interest in her conservatorship after the launch of The New York Times' "Framing Britney Spears" documentary and the #FreeBritney motion organized by her fans.


"I’m not here to be anyone’s slave," Spears stated whilst appearing in Los Angeles court remotely via telephone. "I’ve lied and told the entire world I’m OK and I'm happy. It's a lie. I thought that possibly if I stated it enough, I would perhaps become happy due to the fact I've been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatized … I’m so irritated it’s insane. And I'm depressed."


No longer keeping back, Spears condemned her father and the others who have managed her conservatorship: "I certainly believe this conservatorship is abusive. … I do not feel like I can live a full life. … I desire this conservatorship to stop without having to be evaluated."


Until now, Spears has remained relatively mum on her 13-years lengthy conservatorship – managed by her father Jamie Spears and Bessemer Trust Co. over her estate, and professional conservator Jodi Montgomery over Spears' person.


This marks the first time since May 10, 2019, that the singer has spoken in court. The last time, the court docket was sealed and none of what she stated grew to become public.


"A lot has occurred since two years ago,” Spears stated Wednesday. “I haven’t been returned to court due to the fact I don’t think I was heard on any level when I came to court last time.”

Popular posts from this blog

15 Effective and Natural Strategies to Lower Blood Pressure

Reasons You Should Get Outside Every Day

Relieve Stomach Pain Naturally: 12 Effective Home Remedies

The Protein Puzzle: Unraveling the Optimal Amount for Muscle Building

Understanding Your Fertile Window: When Can You Get Pregnant?

How reading can help in improving your mental health

Natural Solutions: 13 Effective Home Remedies for Constipation Relief

Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Healthy Kids

The Impact of Smoking on Brain Shrinkage: How Quitting Can Make a Difference

Daydreaming Found To Boost Brain Plasticity And Memory Consolidation, Study Suggests