Britney Spear Has Broken Her Silence About Her "Abusive" Conservatorship.

 

Britney Spear Has Broken Her Silence

The 39-year-old pop celebrity addressed the court herself Wednesday for the first known time in more than two years following the increased interest in her conservatorship after the launch of The New York Times' "Framing Britney Spears" documentary and the #FreeBritney motion organized by her fans.


"I’m not here to be anyone’s slave," Spears stated whilst appearing in Los Angeles court remotely via telephone. "I’ve lied and told the entire world I’m OK and I'm happy. It's a lie. I thought that possibly if I stated it enough, I would perhaps become happy due to the fact I've been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatized … I’m so irritated it’s insane. And I'm depressed."


No longer keeping back, Spears condemned her father and the others who have managed her conservatorship: "I certainly believe this conservatorship is abusive. … I do not feel like I can live a full life. … I desire this conservatorship to stop without having to be evaluated."


Until now, Spears has remained relatively mum on her 13-years lengthy conservatorship – managed by her father Jamie Spears and Bessemer Trust Co. over her estate, and professional conservator Jodi Montgomery over Spears' person.


This marks the first time since May 10, 2019, that the singer has spoken in court. The last time, the court docket was sealed and none of what she stated grew to become public.


"A lot has occurred since two years ago,” Spears stated Wednesday. “I haven’t been returned to court due to the fact I don’t think I was heard on any level when I came to court last time.”

Popular Posts

Financial Planning Tips for Small Business Owners

10 Money Habits That Quietly Build Wealth Over Time

What Is Gut Health?

Strong Winds Leave Tourist Stranded On Broken Glass Bridge In China

Pineapple juice for cough relief: Does it work?

Google pulls down 3.2bn adverts, reveals how much publishers got in 1 year

Advantages and disadvantages of donating blood

Home Remedies For Cold

How to make your Ankara shoes

Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters, Correctional Core Is Terrorism, Says Buhari