Government Accused Of Killing Off Overseas Journey After Latest Call To Remain In Britain

 

Government accused of killing off overseas travel

The government was accused of a U-turn over overseas vacation trips the previous day after people had been advised to stay in Britain instead of travelling abroad.


George Eustice, the environment secretary, stated that Britons have to “holiday at home” due to the fact of the danger posed with the aid of coronavirus variants.


He stated that the government had meant to add nations to its quarantine-free tour “green list”, permitting vacation trips abroad, however that this was “not the situation” any longer due to the fact of the spread of the Indian variant.


“My recommendation to people would be vacation at home,” he said. “We’ve received some gorgeous locations here.”


Matt Hancock, the health secretary, stated on Monday that reopening global travel would be “challenging”.


Popular Posts

Here's What Makes Amal Clooney's Vacation Outfits So Darn Good

Swiss Financial And Commercial Sanctions Against Belarus Are Being Tightened

Favorite Brain Games: Keep Your Mind Sharp And Entertained

Man Charged After BBC Journalist Chased By Anti-Lockdown Protesters

India Variant Ought To Critically Disrupt Lifting Of Lockdown, Says Boris Johnson

Anger in Canada after discovery of round 1,000 indigenous kids as young as three in mass graves

Lib Dems Snatch Chesham And Amersham Seat Off Tories In Historical By-Election Victory

Ministers Under Strain To Relax Vacation Policies As Figures Exhibit Just One In 200 Amber List travelers Test Positive For Covid On Their Return

Met Office Warns Of Severe Weather Conditions With Strong Winds And Heavy Rain Sweeping Across The UK

Trump plans to hold first post-presidential rallies in Ohio, Florida in coming weeks