Manchester City Defender Ruben Dias Named FWA Footballer Of The Year

 

Ruben Dias

Ruben Dias wins vote in advance of Manchester City team-mate Kevin De Bruyne and Tottenham's Harry Kane; Nine City players obtained votes which accounted for 50 per cent of whole votes cast; Fran Kirby named FWA Women's FOTY earlier this month.


Manchester City's Ruben Dias has been topped Football Writers' Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year for the 2020/21 season.


The Portugal defender picked up extra votes than Man City team-mate Kevin De Bruyne and Tottenham striker Harry Kane, to declare the honour.


Manchester City's excellence on their way to the Premier League title this season used to be mirrored in the balloting as 9 of Pep Guardiola's players picked up votes which accounted for 50 per cent of the whole votes cast.


Reflecting on his award, Dias said: "It's a massive privilege, I'm very, very happy. I should no longer have executed it besides the success of the team, barring all and sundry in the group deserving this award. Only via that, as a defender, am I in a position to be right here to obtain this prize.


"Essentially, when I got here I desired to meet each person as speedy as possible, recognize how the crew plays. I knew the supervisor and the players, I knew a bit about the philosophy of the membership due to the fact I am fan of soccer and I comprehend City from the ultimate few years.


"I had an thinking of what I was once coming to and I desired to combine myself as quickly as possible."


Popular posts from this blog

15 Effective and Natural Strategies to Lower Blood Pressure

Reasons You Should Get Outside Every Day

Relieve Stomach Pain Naturally: 12 Effective Home Remedies

The Protein Puzzle: Unraveling the Optimal Amount for Muscle Building

Understanding Your Fertile Window: When Can You Get Pregnant?

How reading can help in improving your mental health

Natural Solutions: 13 Effective Home Remedies for Constipation Relief

Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Healthy Kids

The Impact of Smoking on Brain Shrinkage: How Quitting Can Make a Difference

Daydreaming Found To Boost Brain Plasticity And Memory Consolidation, Study Suggests