Damon Albarn's Songwriting Statements Have Enraged Taylor Swift.

Damon Albarn's Songwriting Statements Have Enraged Taylor Swift.

Damon Albarn, the main singer of Blur and later of Gorillaz, has been chastised by Taylor Swift after he said that she does not write her own songs.

Albarn told the LA Times that Swift "doesn't write her own songs," in response to the interviewer calling her "an exceptional songwriter."

"I was such a big admirer of yours until I saw this," Swift wrote on Twitter.

"All of my songs are written by me." Your hot take is entirely false, and it's causing so much damage."

In the interview, Albarn stated that he favors Billie Eilish, whom he described as a "very intriguing songwriter."

"That appeals to me more than Taylor Swift." It's just a little darker and less cheery. a lot more small and unusual.

Eilish collaborates on songwriting with her brother, Finneas, a producer.

Albarn objected to the interviewer's assertion that Swift co-writes her music: "That isn't a valid argument. Co-writing is something I'm familiar with. Co-writing is not the same as writing. I'm not picking on anyone; I'm just pointing out that there's a vast difference between a songwriter and a co-writer."

On Twitter, there was an immediate criticism, particularly from producer Jack Antonoff, who has worked extensively with Swift.

Albarn later apologized to Swift on Twitter, writing: "I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was having a talk about songwriting when it was unfortunately reduced to clickbait. I apologies completely and without reservation. The last thing I want to do is bring your songwriting into disrepute. I hope this makes sense."

Albarn isn't the first musician to stir up controversy by criticizing pop singers. After they collaborated on music that was never released, he allegedly labeled Adele "insecure."

She subsequently told Rolling Stone, "It ended up being one of those 'don't meet your idol' moments."

"The worst part was that I was a huge Blur fan when I was younger. But it was a tragic situation, and I regret spending time with him."

Popular posts from this blog

15 Effective and Natural Strategies to Lower Blood Pressure

Reasons You Should Get Outside Every Day

Relieve Stomach Pain Naturally: 12 Effective Home Remedies

The Protein Puzzle: Unraveling the Optimal Amount for Muscle Building

Understanding Your Fertile Window: When Can You Get Pregnant?

How reading can help in improving your mental health

Natural Solutions: 13 Effective Home Remedies for Constipation Relief

Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Healthy Kids

The Impact of Smoking on Brain Shrinkage: How Quitting Can Make a Difference

Daydreaming Found To Boost Brain Plasticity And Memory Consolidation, Study Suggests